Dog Bless is always looking for responsible rescues to accept our dogs!
Dog Bless is rescue advocacy group who represents dogs at Kanawha-Charleston (West Virginia) animal shelter. KCHA is an open intake, high-kill shelter, who until only recently was not rescue friendly. Dog Bless has formed a working relationship with the KCHA Board of Directors and shelter staff with the goal of reducing euthanasia at the shelter.
Dog Bless serves as the intermediary between KCHA and rescues. We:
- Photograph KCHA shelter pets, operate the KCHA Facebook page, and network pets via social media
- Operate a network of temporary foster homes
- Coordinate vetting
- Transport KCHA dogs to rescue
- Frequent transports to the NY/NJ and DC/Hagerstown metro areas
- Volunteer pilots also available
- KCHA’s pull fee is $76, which includes spay/neuter, 6 in 1, rabies, bordatella and worming. Seniors (dogs 6+ years) are $38. Previously altered dogs are discounted for rescues, $26 for females, $36 for males.
To pull from KCHA, please send an e-copy of your 501c3 (if applicable) and your vet’s phone number (required) to email@example.com.